I'm afraid I triggered a bug which didn't allow putting back one of the red ones. And battle seemed somewhat unfair :)
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Features in the current build include:
- Explore an entire solar system and battle the hostile beings you encounter there
- Control your ship by sitting in the captain's chair and issuing orders to your crew
- Head down to main engineering and alter your ship's abilities by replacing and moving the parts that make it function
Features planned for the next build, currently in development, include:
- Unique stories and missions for each planet. Yours is a mission of exploration, and you won't be spending all your time fighting the galaxy's villains.
- More of your ship will be open to you. Aside from the bridge and engineering, the ship has many other functions for you to discover.
- A significant expansion to the number of parts and systems available in engineering. You'll need to make use of them to get through the challenges you'll face.
After that, Afar will expand to include the rest of the ship, and robust crew management mechanics that will allow you to assign crew to stations, and get to know them when they're off-duty. A happy crew is a productive crew, and discovering their stories will be just as thrilling as discovering the stars and planets around you!
Current version changes:
Version 0.11 - 2 July 2016 - Fixes some bugs and includes some tweaks based on user feedback
-Fixed a bug that allowed the player to pick up more than one engineering item, which would prevent putting one of them down.
-Fixed a bug that caused menus to take an abnormally long time to open if they haven't been opened before
-Fixed a bug that caused enemy ships to move in unintended ways
-Fixed a bug that locked the player out of giving commands to their bridge crew
-Crew members have been scaled to be closer in height to the player
-BGM has been disabled for the time being
-A number of new sound effects have been added
-Enemy ships have had their behavior altered to be less aggressive
-Lift doors will now open if the player selects the floor they're already on
Click download now to get access to the following files: